Initial Synchronization After Installing
AccuSync with Existing ITSs
Follow this procedure for running the initial synchronization if you have installed
AccuSync for the first time and are using it with existing
AccuWork and ITS systems, one or both of which contain issue records.
AccuSync, set the watermark or specify one or more mapping definition filters to limit the sample of issue records that
AccuSync will synchronize initially. See
Setting Watermarks and
Mapping Definition Filter if you need help with this step.
- If only one system has issue records, set the Synchronization Type to one-way for each synchronization pattern you plan to run; set as the master system the system that currently contains records. See
Editing Synchronization Patterns if you need help with this step.
- Run the synchronization as described in
AccuSync Configuration and review the results.
- If the results are what you expect:
- Stop the synchronization.
- Remove any watermarks or filters you created in Step 1.
- If you set the Synchronization Type to one-way in Step 2, set it back to two-way.
- Back up the
AccuSync configuration for safekeeping. See
Backing Up and Restoring
AccuSync Configurations for more information.
- Start the synchronization again.