Using this reference
This reference contains the following sections:
- Getting Started - General information on setting up a project.
- Functional Areas - Overview diagrams of the static relations between classes organized by areas of interest.
- Utilities - Overview diagrams of the static relations between classes for functionality that is used in more than one functional area. For example, file attachments, filters, and version control.
- Examples - Code samples grouped by functional area and utility area. These same examples are available in the OTA COM Type Library reference.
- The OTA COM Type Library reference - Coclasses, Interfaces, Enums and examples.
Tips for Using this Reference
- The term coclass and the term object are the same. The usage depends on the programming language. Object is used by Visual Basic. Most other languages use the term coclass.
- Most coclasses with Factory in their names implement one or more of the interfaces IBaseFactory*
- Most coclasses that represent basic entities, like Test or Run, implement one or more of the interfaces IBaseField*.