This document provides a complete online reference for the Site Administration REST-based API. Use the REST API to access and work with ALM data in Site Administration.
Note: If you are in ALM 17.0 or later, we recommend you use the Swagger-powered Site Administration API documentation, which provides more samples and specifications.
To visit the Swagger-powered help:
From the ALM qcbin page (http://<ALM server>:<port number>/qcbin/), click the Tools link.
At the bottom of the ALM Tools page, click the ALM REST API Documentation link.
The Site Administration REST-based API is for use by programmers familiar with RESTful API technology.
Consider the following when working with the REST-based API:
- Ensure only authorized users can execute the automated script or job.
- Do not include credentials as a part of the script or job.
- Some responses might contain sensitive information. Ensure you store the received data in a secure way.
- Limit access to data to authorized users.
- Destroy output when the information is no longer needed.
OpenText encourages users to add additional protection for Site Administration based on REST API—this is not provided by OpenText. By not implementing additional protection, you may expose the system to increased security risks.
You understand and agree to assume all associated risks and hold OpenText blameless for the same. It remains at all times solely the responsibility of the customer to assess their own regulatory and business requirements. OpenText does not represent or warrant that its products comply with any specific legal or regulatory standards applicable to the customer while conducting the customer's business.