In some cases, it may be helpful to iterate several business components together as a group.
Component groups in the Test Script tab are identified by a group node listed above its member components. The group node contains the group icon and displays the number of iterations for the group. The group node can be expanded and collapsed to show or hide its member components.
- The number of iterations indicates the total number of value sets defined for the group.
- The iteration range indicates the subset of iterations currently set for use when the test runs.
- Member components cannot be iterated a different number of times than the group to which they belong.
Consider a business process test that contains four business components; C1, C2, C3, and C4. The test requires that the components be iterated as follows:
- Component C1 - Two iterations
- Component C2 - Three iterations
- Component C3 - Three iterations
- Component C4 - One iteration
Instead of running all the iterations of component C2 followed by all the iterations of component C3, you could group these two components together, enabling the business process test to run in the following order:
- The first iteration of C1
- The second iteration of C1
- The first iteration of C2
- The first iteration of C3
- The second iteration of C2
- The second iteration of C3
- The third iteration of C2
- The third iteration of C3
This is illustrated as follows: