This section describes how to enable Global Search.
Note: For details on how to globally search for ALM data, see
In Site Administration, click the Site Users tab. Perform the following steps:
In Site Administration, click the Site Configuration tab. Perform the following steps:
ALLOW_WEBUI_ACCESSparameter and click the Edit Parameter button. The Edit Parameter dialog box opens.
Set to ‘Y’. For details, see Setting ALM Configuration Parameters.
- Download and install Global Search. For details on downloading and installing Global Search, see ALM Global Search.
To enable Global Search on a site level - on all projects at once:
- In ALM Site Administration, select Tools > Global Search. The Global Search Settings dialog box opens.
- Select Enable.
- In Global Search Server, type the URL of the Global Search server. Click Test to verify the URL.
- In User Name, select the dedicated user name for Global Search from the dropdown list.
To enable Global Search on a project:
- In ALM Site Administration, select the Site Projects tab.
- In the Projects list, select a project.
In the right pane, select the Project Details tab.
The project's details are displayed.
In the Global Search area, click the Enable Global Search button.
To enable Global Search on multiple projects:
In ALM Site Administration, in the Site Users tab, from the Users list in the left pane, select the relevant Global Search user, and in the right pane, select the User Projects tab. The Projects list for the selected user is displayed.
Click the Select Projects button. The ALM Projects list is displayed in a new pane to the right of the User Projects tab.
To select projects from the Projects list, expand the directory, and select the projects that you want to assign to the user.
Click the Add current user to the selected projects button . The selected projects are added to the User Projects list.
After the user is added to all the selected projects, Global Search is enabled on these projects, and the indexing process starts.
Note: After enabling Global Search per project(s), an indexing process is started, and it can take a few hours to complete. Once the process is done, the project data is ready to be searched. For details on how to monitor the status of the indexing process, see "Monitor the Indexing Status" in the ALM Global Search Installation Guide.