Executive Dashboard: Enables you to create and manage KPI cards to measure how your team or organization progresses towards goals.
Global Search: Enables you to search for data on one or multiple projects. The following ALM modules are supported: Defects, Requirements, Tests, Test Sets, and Analysis.
To download Quality Insight, see ALM Quality Insight.
This section describes how to enable Quality Insight.
Note: For details on how to globally search for ALM data, see
In Site Administration, click the Site Users tab. Perform the following steps:
In Site Administration, click the Site Configuration tab. Perform the following steps:
ALLOW_WEBUI_ACCESSparameter and click the Edit Parameter button. The Edit Parameter dialog box opens.
Set to ‘Y’. For details, see Setting ALM Configuration Parameters.
- Download and install Quality Insight. For details on downloading and installing Quality Insight, see ALM Quality Insight.
Enable Quality Insight at the site level.
- In ALM Site Administration, select Tools > Quality Insight. The Quality Insight Settings dialog box opens.
- Select Enable.
- In Quality Insight Server, type the URL of the Quality Insight server. Click Test to verify the URL.
- In User Name, select the dedicated user name for Quality Insight from the drop-down list.
To enable Quality Insight on a project:
- In ALM Site Administration, select the Site Projects tab.
- In the Projects list, select a project.
In the right pane, select the Project Details tab.
The project's details are displayed.
In the Quality Insight area, click the Enable button.
To enable Quality Insight on multiple projects:
In ALM Site Administration, in the Site Users tab, from the Users list in the left pane, select the relevant Quality Insight user, and in the right pane, select the User Projects tab. The Projects list for the selected user is displayed.
Click the Select Projects button. The ALM Projects list is displayed in a new pane to the right of the User Projects tab.
To select projects from the Projects list, expand the directory, and select the projects that you want to assign to the user.
Click the Add current user to the selected projects button . The selected projects are added to the User Projects list.
After the user is added to all the selected projects, Quality Insight is enabled on these projects, and the indexing process starts.
Note: After enabling Quality Insight per project(s), an indexing process is started, and it can take a few hours to complete. Once the process is done, the project data is ready to be searched. For details on how to monitor the status of the indexing process, see "Monitor the Indexing Status" in the ALM Quality Insight Installation Guide.
Disable Quality Insight
This section describes how to disable Quality Insight.
To disable Quality Insight per site level:
- In Site Administration, select Tools > Quality Insight. The Quality Insight Settings dialog box opens.
Click OK to confirm the message box.
Quality Insight is disabled and the user assigned as the dedicated user for Quality Insight will be deactivated.
To disable Quality Insight per project:
- In Site Administration, under Projects list, select a project.
- In the right pane, select the Project Details tab. The project's details are displayed.
- Click Disable Quality Insight.
- Click OK to confirm the message box.