This task describes how to automate a component by associating the component with scripted GUI and API automation.
Note: This task is part of a higher-level task. For details, see Work with Business Process Testing.
Make sure a testing tool, such as UFT One, is installed.
Tip: If a testing tool is not installed, the button in the Automation tab is disabled.
Create an application area
Automation involves the creation of application areas, which provide access to the settings and resources required for a particular application. Work with an automation engineer to create the application area in UFT One. For details, see the Create an application area step under the Work with keyword GUI automation task.
Select a component
In the Business Components module window, select a component in the component tree.
Implement scripted automation
In the Automation tab, click and select either Scripted GUI or API. For user interface details, see Script Launch Pane.
- Click Launch to launch UFT One or Service Test. Work with an automation engineer to create the script (content) in the testing tool.
For details on scripted GUI automation, see the information about GUI testing in the Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing User Guide.
For details on API automation, see the Micro Focus Service Test User Guide or the information about API testing in the Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing User Guide.
- The component is fully automated.
- The icon for the component changes from the manual icon to the automated icon. For icon details, see Business Process Testing Icons.
- The automated component can be accessed from the testing tool.
- Tests and flows that contain fully automated components can run in an automatic runner without pausing for user input.