This is a technology preview, enabling you to experiment with AI Codeless testing.
This topic explains how to run AI-based tests using UFT AI Codeless.
Before you run a test in UFT AI Codeless, you must connect to UFT Mobile and create a test or open an existing one. For details, see Design tests.
UFT AI Codeless identifies objects visually, the way a person would, and does not depend on the objects' properties or implementation. Therefore, you can run the same tests on different platforms and different application versions.
An environment for a test run consists of a mobile device and an application. You can add up to three (3) environments.
To select environments for your test run:
In the ENV & RUN tab, click + ADD ENVIRONMENT.
The Add Environment window opens.
Select a mobile device and application/URL for your test.
To test a mobile app:
- Select the Mobile App option.
- Click in the DEVICE box to open the UFT Mobile DEVICE page. Select a device and click the green arrow.
- Click in the APP box to open the UFT Mobile APP page. Select an app and click the green arrow. UFT Mobile only displays applications that match the platform of the device you selected.
- Specify whether to install the application on the device and whether to restart the app before running the test.
To test a web app:
- Select the Mobile Web option.
- Select a device from UFT Mobile. Click in the DEVICE box to open the UFT Mobile DEVICE page. Select a device and click the green arrow.
- Enter the URL of the application you want to work with. The device's default browser is used to open the web application.
Click DONE. The environment is added to the ENV & RUN tab. Repeat the above steps to add up to three environments.
Run the test
After connecting to UFT Mobile and selecting the environments on which you want to run the test, run the AI-based test you created on your applications.
To begin a test run:
- Go to the ENV & RUN tab
- To exclude an environment for the current run, clear its check box in the ENV & RUN tab.
- Click the Run button. The test runs on all of the environments you selected, one by one. The environment currently is use is highlighted.
Click Stop to end the run session, or Pause to stop it temporarily.
Note: While a run session is paused you cannot make any change in UFT AI Codeless.
Analyze test results
After the test run ends, the ENV & RUN tab marks the environments with a pass or fail marking.
Click REPORT to see a visual report of the steps that ran and their status. This report is similar in format to the UFT reports.