This topic describes user management in Micro Focus Connect.
Users are defined in Micro Focus Connect through different channels. The login credentials for each user type are detailed below:
The installation creates a default user.
Security Role: Site
Authenticator: Default / Micro Focus Connect
If you defined a Data Source as an Authenticator, users in the data source can access Micro Focus Connect.
Security Role: User (for Authenticators added from version 4.3)
User/Password: As defined in the data source.
Authenticator: The data source Authenticator.
|User window (4.3 and higher)||
Additional users defined in the Users window.
For details, see Define additional users.
Security Role: As defined by the admin.
User/Password: As defined by the admin.
Authenticator: "Default" or "Micro Focus Connect"
You can allow users to log in to Micro Focus Connect using their credentials from one of the data sources. To enable this, you need to add an authenticator provider.
To add an authenticator provider:
- On the top banner, click Authenticators.
- Click the Add Authenticator Provider button.
In the Create Authenticator dialog box, select the Authenticating Product, and type a name by which to identify the new authenticator.
The next time users open the login page, they will be able to select the new authenticator.
You can define additional users in the Users window. Each user is assigned a Security Role.
To add a user:
- On the top banner, click Users.
- Click the Add User button.
In the new row, enter a user name and password.
4.4 SP1 and higher: Passwords need to follow certain rules. For details, see Password rules (4.4 SP1 and higher).
- Select a Security Role to a assign to the user. For a description of the security levels, see Security roles.
Users that you add through the Users window need to select the default Micro Focus Connect authenticator when logging in.
Passwords need to comply with the following rules:
- Must be eight to twenty characters in length.
- Must contain one lowercase character.
- Must contain one uppercase character.
- Must contain one numeric character.
- Cannot contain more than three consecutive characters identical to your user name.
- Cannot contain the same character more than two times.
- Cannot contain a repeated string with more than three characters more than one time.
- New passwords cannot contain more than three consecutive characters identical to the current password.
- Passwords expire after ninety days.
The following table describes the actions that users assigned to each security role can perform.
|Create Site users|
|Create Admin users|
|Read/write global settings|
|Create Data Sources|