A type is a system asset such as a task, topic, change request, or story. When creating a connection, you must add at least one type to synchronize between your source and target. For example, you may want to map a CA Agile Central Hierarchical Requirement to a Story.
Note: Types cannot be deleted.
To add types to a connection:
- If you are in the process of creating a connection, navigate to the
Types and Fields tab.
If you are editing an existing connection, on the dashboard, click Options button () and choose Edit from the menu. Navigate to the Types and Fields tab.
- Select a direction for data synchronization from the Default Sync Direction list. All synchronizations will be performed in this direction unless you choose to override it. Values for synchronization direction are:
Auto Type Mapping to have the connection's types and fields automatically mapped, or click
Add Type Mapping and perform the remaining steps to manually map types.
If auto type mapping, all types defined by the selected data sources will be mapped. Fields are auto mapped for each type that is exposed by the data source.
- Click the
Add Type Mapping button.
The Add Type Mapping dialog box appears.
Target Type list contains all the types that you added to your Target data source. Select a type from the list.
Tip: Micro Focus Connect uses the data source product name for the <system name> displayed in the UI.
Master Type list contains all the types available in the Master data source. Select the type you want to map.
Add Field Mapping. You use the controls that appear to choose the fields for the type you are synchronizing that you want to map.
- Select a field to map.
- Select the synchronization direction in the Direction list for each field.
Conversion list allows you to choose if your HTML-based fields should be converted to plain text or vice-versa.
Note: This is for when you want to override the default behavior. Only use this feature if directed to by the Micro Focus Connect team.
- Select the Master field to map to your field.
- If you have created user maps and you are currently mapping a user-based field, click the
Apply user map option.
In the connection wizard's Edit Type Mapping dialog box, click the Fields tab and use the Conversion option to:
Master is HTML When the master side of a field mapping contains html formatted content and you want or can have only string content in the target, this setting enforces conversion of the content between Master and Target. Target is HTML When the target side of a field mapping contains html formatted content and you want or can have only string content in the master, this setting enforces conversion of the content between Target and Master. Apply user map If neither side of the mapping is a user property, you can apply the user map by selecting this option, No Conversion The field data is not altered when synchronizing.
Tip: If the fields you are synchronizing use different values, you will want to create a value map. See Adding Value Maps to Types for more information.
- Click the OK button to save your mappings and close the Add Type Mapping dialog box, or click the Relationships tab to specify the relationships you want to synchronize as described in Adding Relationships to Types.
|From Master||Data is only synchronized from the Master to the Target.|
Data is only synchronized to Master from the Target.
|Data is synchronized both to and from the Master and Target. (This is the default.)|