In Micro Focus Connect, a connection represents the relationship between two data sources.
You use a connection:
- To identify the data source whose assets you plan to synchronize.
- To specify the asset types, fields, and relationships you want to synchronize.
- To specify the projects you want to synchronize.
You perform these tasks using the Connection Wizard.
- The Data Sources you want to use for a connection must exist before you can complete a connection. See Create a Data Source for more information.
- You can delete a connection only if there are no project maps or type maps defined for the connection, or if you have not run a successful synchronization.
Create a connection
To create a connection:
From the Connections tab on the dashboard, click the + Connection button. The Create Connection Wizard opens.
Use the Data Source, Types and Fields, and Projects and Rules tabs to define a connection. Click the Next and Previous buttons to navigate between the tabs.
Set fields in the Data Source tab:
Field Description Connection Name Enter a name by which to identify the connection. Master Data Source
Select a data source to use as the master data source.
The "master" designation is used to determine conflict resolution that do not merge content or cannot resolve conflict through other means.
Micro Focus Connect uses several levels of information in the products to detect changes, and to determine which side made a change most recently. In the rare case where this information is insufficient to determine which side's changes should be applied, Micro Focus Connect resorts to the master. Most products provide sufficient details, making this designation almost redundant.
For data sources that do not merge content, the master designation determines which connector changes are applied when changes are seen from both data sources.
Target Data Source Select a Data Source to use as the target Data Source. Error Notification Optionally, use the fields in the Error Notification group to override global error notification email settings specified in Settings