Micro Focus Connect installs the core product as well as common Connectors by default.
Check for Connector updates
You can display a list of your installed Connectors and the available Marketplace Connectors.
Click the Help button , and select Check for Connector Updates. The Latest Connector Versions dialog box will list Connectors that you do not have installed, and indicate there are newer versions available if your installed Connectors.
Install additional Connectors
You can discover and download additional Connectors from the Micro Focus Marketplace.
After you install a Connector, you can use it as a Data Source.
To install a Connector:
- Download the Connector package from the Marketplace.
Follow the directions outlined in the Connector's readme to deploy the Connector.
In general, these directions include:
- Create a directory under the AppData\connectors folder. The folder can have any unique name. Suggested: mfcConnector<product>.
- Copy the Connector jar and any other provided jars into the new folder.
- Copy any documented third-party libraries (outlined in the readme) into the new folder.
- Restart Micro Focus Connect.
If you are installing a Connector over a previous version of the Connector, you may need to update the libraries to avoid unexpected behavior. Old libraries should be either moved out of the directory or deleted altogether. Renaming in the same directory is not sufficient.
- Compare your existing list of libraries to the libraries identified in the Connector's readme. Refresh versions and add libraries as outlined in the readme.
- Remove any existing mfc*.jar libraries that are older than the ones provided in the new version.
Connectors normally have proxy settings in the Data Source that you can use. For Connectors that do not have a specific proxy setup, you can configure the Java Virtual Machine with additional proxy information.
To configure the proxy:
- In a command line, go to
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Connect\WebServer\bin
Version 4.4 and higher: Run
Earlier versions: Run
- Select the Java tab.
In Java Options, append to the arguments list the following. Enter each statement on a new line:
If the proxy requires authentication, also append the following:
If the proxy authentication is basic, append:
If you need to exclude particular hosts from being proxied, you can append:
You can add multiple hosts using the pipe separator:
- Click Apply.
- Select the General tab.
- Click Stop.
- When enabled, click Start.