The Jira SAFe Translator plugin translates the JIRA Epic to a Feature (in English) and/or equivalent language specific equivalents for other locales. This is an issue for Micro Focus Connect, which expects the JIRA Epic to be named Epic. The following steps provide a successful work around.
The Jira SAFe Translator plugin uses the term "Feature" to describe the Jira "Epic." In order to compensate, users must set a locale in which we reinstate the original term of "Epic," and then set the Micro Focus Connect data source user to use that locale.
The aim is to choose a locale that is unused in your JIRA data center. Best practice is to choose English (UK) or English (USA).
Configure as administrator
Follow these steps to first configure your Jira Administrator settings.
- Log in to Jira as an Administrator.
- Click the Manage Apps tab.
- At the Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA, in the SAFe Translator plugin menu, click Configuration. The SAFe EPIC to Feature Translator configuration page opens.
Unlock Custom Fields Dialog:
Make sure the Unlock the fields radio button is black and therefore, fields are unlocked.
- From the Choose locale dropdown menu, select English (UK).
From the Translate the 'Epic' labels to dropdown menu, select Epic.
- Click Next.
Translate Custom Fields Dialog:
- Go to Administration > Issues > Custom fields.
Click Translate for the following custom fields and input new values in the Field Name for each field: Epic Color, Epic Link, Epic Name, Epic Status.
- Click Next.
Lock Custom Fields Dialog:
- Make sure the Unlock the fields radio button is green and therefore, fields are locked.
- Clear the Cache.
- Click Next.
Configure as unique user
Follow these steps to configure your unique Micro Focus Connect data source user settings.
- Log in to Jira as your unique Micro Focus Connect data source user.
- In the profile section, under Preferences, click the pencil edit button.
- In the Update User Preferences menu, from the Language dropdown, select English (UK) and click Update.
Translating existing Jira data sources
If you have Micro Focus Connect Jira data sources that were created before performing these configurations, you may receive error messages informing you that those Features are no longer present. To correct this, you can do one of the following:
- Define a new Micro Focus Connect Jira data source after the changes are made.
Trim the Feature type from the existing data sources. This is done by using the Micro Focus Connect REST client mfcFullRestClient.jar, through the trimJiraTypes<dataSourceName> argument.
See Install SSL certificates for further detail.
The operation updates the specified data source to include only the types used in connections that involve the data source. This also results in improved performance.