Prepare Jira for synchronization
Before you use Jira as a data source for synchronization, perform the following recommended steps in Jira.
Create a dedicated Jira board
For each project being synchronized, create a dedicated scrum board that you will use to synchronize your data. Do not reuse an existing board by changing its filter.
Pay attention to the following guidelines:
Give the board a distinct name. Do not use special characters or spaces. To avoid potential issues, use all uppercase.
MFCONNECTGLOBGL, where GLOB is the project name, and GL is the key.
- Make sure to never change the board's filter.
- Use the dedicated board both as the sample project in the data source, and in the connection itself.
Make sure that all statuses are mapped to the board.
For Micro Focus Connect to discover the board, run the Flush Server Cache command from the settings menu .
Define "Create" screens
Micro Focus Connect recognizes fields that are defined on “Create” screens. "Edit" screens are not considered by Micro Focus Connect.
Do the following in Jira:
- Define Create screens for the relevant data types.
- Include in the Create screens all the fields that you want to include in synchronization.
- Assign the Create screens to the dedicated Micro Focus Connect user.
Ignore normal workflow transition rules
Make sure that the role assigned to the Micro Focus Connect user is not limited by workflow transition rules.
This ensures that item statuses will be synchronized correctly.