This topic guides you through the steps for upgrading to a later version of Micro Focus Connect.
To upgrade to the latest version:
- Download the latest version of Micro Focus Connector Core from Micro Focus Marketplace.
- Download the latest version of the relevant connectors from Micro Focus Marketplace.
- Download all connector dependencies as specified in the connector readmes. The readmes are included in the download packages.
- Open Micro Focus Connect, and stop all the running connections.
Open the Services console and stop the Micro Focus Connect Web Server service.
- In the Utilities folder, run the mfcPurge.bat utility as Administrator. For details, see Batch utility scripts.
- Stop the Micro Focus Connect Web Server again.
- Zip and backup the entire Connect folder as a safety measure.
- Delete the entire contents of the AppData/backup, AppData/Connectors folders.
- Launch and run the Micro Focus Connect installer of the new version.
- When complete, copy the relevant connectors with their dependencies into the AppData/Connectors folder.
- If you have modified utility scripts, merge the modifications into the newly installed utilities. The utilities are installed together with Micro Focus Connect.
If you have installed security certificates, copy the certificates from the backup and replace cacerts in <install path>/Connect/jre/lib/
If you changed the running port or are using https/ssl, copy the server.xml file from the backup, and use it to replace server.xml in <install path>/Connect/WebServer/conf/
Open the Services console and start the Micro Focus Connect Web Server service.
- We recommend that the mfcPurge utility is run regularly. Using Windows Task Scheduler, set up a nightly run of the utility at a convenient time. For details, see Batch utility scripts.
- Log in to Micro Focus Connect. Click the info button and select About. Verify that all builds and connectors match the latest version that you installed.
- Start up connections one at a time. Verify that they are running correctly before starting the next one.