What's New in 4.4.2
This topic describes the enhancements and fixes in Micro Focus Connect 4.4.2.
Note: The Help Centers for Micro Focus Connect versions 4.0-4.4.2 are streamlined into a single Help Center. Any version-specific changes are indicated where relevant.
This topic describes the new features and enhancements available in Micro Focus Connect 4.4.2. To view enhancements for earlier versions, see What's New - earlier versions.
The following enhancements are available in this release:
OAuth support. Support was added for OAuth in Jira.
External filters. You can now define the scope of the synchronized data by defining filters in the data source. For details, see Add projects and rules to a connection.
Caution: With some data sources, certain scripts in the filter definition may be used to return confidential information or update data in the data source by running the Test Filter function.
SMTP security level. You can now specify the security level of your SMTP server for email error notifications. You can choose: Insecure, STARTTLS, SSL/TLS. A new button, Test Settings, lets you validate your configuration. For details, see Set up global error notifications.
Improved date-string mapping support. Micro Focus Connect now recognizes more date formats in strings and converts them to dates. For details, see Create type mapping.
Staggered connection startup. When you start multiple connections in parallel, Micro Focus Connect now starts them one after the other. For details, see Start and stop connections.
- Connection-specific server side filters. A unique server filter can be applied for each data source type. This filter is applied on the ServiceNow server, and it only returns data that meets the filter criteria, for all connections associated with that data source.
The following enhancements were made to the Micro Focus Connect documentation:
Connection cloning. The Clone a connection section describes how to clone an existing connection to assist you when creating a new connection.
- Turn off logging. The log files section now includes information on how to turn off logging. This can help alleviate security concerns. For details, see Turn off logging and remove logs.
- Migrate from ALM QC Synchronizer. The Migrate ALM/QC Synchronizer links section describes how to migrate synchronization links from the ALM QC Synchronizer to Micro Focus Connect connections.
- Complete or partial user extraction. The section on automatically creating user maps now describes how you can indicate whether to extract all users or only those actively participating in the project. For details, see Specify Key and Identifier columns for each data source.
- Pairs and orphans. The section on creating and importing user maps, now includes expanded information and examples for using the pairs and orphans arguments. For details, see Pairs and Orphans.
- Start and Stop connections. The batch utilities help page now lists the utilities for stopping and starting connections. For details, see Connection scripts.
- Audit utility. The description of the Audit utility was expanded, describing how to produce row, column, and time-based subsets.
- Before you begin. Additional tips were added to the Before you begin help page.
- Edit connection. Instructions were added for modifying a connection. For details, see Create and manage connections.
- Mapping multiple types to a single type. A new section describes how to map two or more types from one endpoint to a single type endpoint. For details, see Mapping multiple types to a single type.
- Run purge as a nightly task. Under maintenance, you can now read how to set up a nightly task for purging data.
Beginning with version 4.4.2, the following item(s) are no longer supported:
- TFS 2015