Configuring Email Notifications
Deployment Automation can send email notifications whenever user-defined trigger events occur. For example, notifications can be sent when a deployment finishes or an approval is required.
To send email notifications to users, you must do the following:
- Define notification templates or use the provided templates. These define the format of notification emails for different types of notifications.
- Define the notification schemes you want to use or use the default scheme. These define the triggering events and roles for the notifications.
- Include an email ID as part of the user details for each user who will receive email notifications. See Creating Users.
- Define the email server information in system settings. See System Settings.
- If you are sending notifications for applications or agents, select the notification scheme in the specific applications or agents for which you want to send notifications.
- When the triggering event defined in the notification scheme is invoked, an email notification is sent. The trigger happens when a process request either succeeds or fails and is sent only to users who have a role in the notification scheme.
A typical use of notifications is as follows:
- When an application process is run for an environment requiring approval, an email is triggered indicating that the process request must be approved.
- When the request is approved, the approval process completes and an email is triggered indicating that the application process is ready to run.
- After the application process completes, an email is triggered to indicate the success of failure of the process.
For details on configuring email notification schemes and templates, see the following topics: