Mapping Application Components to Resources
Component processes are executed by Deployment Automation agents running on hosts. One instance of a component process is invoked for each resource mapped to a component in the target environment.After you have added a component to the application, define where its artifacts should be deployed by selecting a resource (agent) or resource group. See Managing Resources.
Navigate to Applications > [select application].
Select the Environments tab.
Click the environment name to which you want to map components and select the View Details option.
Select the Component Mapping tab.
If the application has several components associated with it, select the one you want to use from the component list on the left. Each component associated with this application can be mapped to a different resource.
To associate resources with the selected component, click Add, and select one of the following:
- Add Resource To All Components and select one or more resources.
- Add Resource Group To All Components and select a resource group. For information about creating resources, see Resource Groups.
To map multiple resources at once, use the following options:
- Add all resources and groups to all the components
- Add all resources and groups to the selected component
- Remove all resources and groups from all the components
- Remove all resources and groups from the selected component