Install agents with the interactive installer
This topic explains how to install agents using the interactive installer. You can launch the installer's wizard to guide you through the process, or run the installer from a command prompt.
This method enables you to install different versions of the agent on the same machine and run them in parallel. When installing another agent on the same machine, make sure to specify a unique port number because the installer does not check if a port is already in use.
The interactive agent installer is available for Windows 64-bit, Linux, AIX, and Solaris SPARC and x86.
Note: The interactive agent installer isn't available for Windows 32-bit (for Deployment Automation version 6.2.1 and later) and HP-UX operating systems. You can install agents on these platforms only from a command prompt. For details, see Install agents from a command prompt.
Run the interactive agent installer's wizard
Before you begin, download and extract the appropriate installation files from the Support website.
On Windows, run the following installer executable as a Windows local system user:
On UNIX/Linux, run the following installer executable as a user with full access rights to the installation location:
Note: Because UNIX installers are 32-bit applications, 64-bit Linux systems may not support them by default. Before running the installer on a 64-bit Linux system, ensure that the following are installed:
- Motif: This is usually available by default
- 32-bit compatibility libraries: C/C++ runtime
To specify installation details, see Agent Installation Options.
Run the interactive agent installer from a command prompt
You can run the interactive installer in a text-based mode using a command-line interface.
To run the installer from a command prompt:
- From the Support website, download and extract the appropriate installation files for your system.
- From a command prompt, navigate to the directory with the agent installation files.
Run the following command:
On Windows, as a local system user:
On UNIX/Linux, as a user with full access rights to the installation location:
On Solaris, as a user with full access rights to the installation location:
MicroFocusDA-agent.bin -is:javahome <path to local JRE>
- Follow the prompts to accept the License agreement.
- Specify the path to a directory where you want to install the agent, or accept the default location.
- Enter the unique name for the agent.
- Follow the prompts to configure the agent connection, server location, and agent local service details. For more information, see Agent Installation Options.
- Choose if you want to install the JRE supplied with the agent or use existing JRE.
Review the agent’s summary and press 1 for Next.
To go back to the earlier step and change the details, press 2 for Previous.
- When the installation is successfully completed, press 3 to Finish.
Add installation options
To add agent installer options, use this format:
MicroFocusDA-agent.bin <Option> <Parameter>
The following table provides a list of installation options:
||Specifies the JRE home that
points to the directory containing
||Specifies a temporary directory used by the installer. Do not include spaces in the path.|
||Appends a classpath to the installer.|
||Prepends a classpath to the installer.|
||Specifies a filename for log debug messages.|
||Extracts the contents of the archive.|
||Turns off the installer disk space checker.|
||Returns the installer version and exits.|
||Prints this help and exits.|