Step 2: Create and design a component process
Prerequisite: Step 1: Create a component
This step explains how to set up a component process for deploying the helloWorld artifacts to another location.
Note: A component process is a sequence of action steps that describes how a component should be deployed. In addition to the default Start and Finish steps, a process must include at least one more step. For each component, you must create at least one process. For details, see Component Processes.
Create a component process
To create the helloWorld component process:
Navigate to Management > Components > helloWorld.
Under the helloWorld component, select the Processes tab.
Click Create at the top right of the screen. The Create Component Process dialog box opens.
In the Name field, enter a meaningful name that reflects the component's content or process type, for example, helloWorld_install.
(Optional) In the Description field, enter additional information about the process.
Accept the default values for the remaining options. For details about these options, see Creating Component Processes.
You have created a component process. Next, design its steps.
To complete the component process you just created, design a sequence of steps to move the helloWorld artifacts.
To design the helloWorld component process:
- Under the Processes tab, select helloWorld_install. The process designer opens.
- In the Tools side pane, expand Repositories > Artifact > DA to view available artifact steps.
- Drag the Download Artifacts step onto the design space anywhere between the Start and Finish steps . The Properties pane is displayed.
In the Directory Offset field, specify a path to the target directory on the agent machine where you want to move the artifacts, for example, /helloWorld_download.
If you specify a directory that doesn't exist, Deployment Automation will create it for you.
- Accept the default values for the remaining properties.
- In the design space, join the process steps in the Start — Download Artifacts — Finish sequence:
- Point to the Start step to view a connection tool, drag the connection tool over the Download Artifacts step, and release it.
Point to the Download Artifacts step to view a connection tool, drag the connection tool over the Finish step, and release it.
The steps are now joined with arrows.
Click Save .
You have designed a simple component process for downloading the helloWorld artifacts to another location.