Relocating the Repository
For enterprise implementations, due to storage requirements, you may
need to relocate your
files so that they are stored on a different machine than your
server. A good formula for determining
storage requirements is:
average artifact size * number of versions imported per day *
average number of days before cleanup.
File storage is organized as follows on a default Deployment Automation server installation:
- Execution log files are located in
respository files are located in
- Plugin files are located in
- This folder
.microfocus\da\var\dbcontains Derby database files if Derby is used.
Relocate the CodeStation files as follows:
- Stop the server before moving the folder location.
- To relocate log files, you must relocate the
- You can either relocate the whole
varfolder, or if you want to relocate only the repository files, you can relocate just the
Use the following to configure your network storage in an optimal way:
- This data should be stored on robust network storage that is regularly synchronized with an off-site disaster recovery facility.
- The Deployment Automation server should have a fast network connection to storage (agents do not need access to the storage location).
- In Unix environments, you can use
symbolic links from the
varsubdirectory to network storage.
- On Windows platforms there are several options for redirecting
logs and artifacts, including
mklink(supported in Windows 7 and later).
- Distributed teams should also take advantage of location-specific CodeStation proxies to improve performance and lower WAN usage.