Setting Role Membership by Product Area
After you have defined your roles, groups, and users, you then give groups or users roles in specific product areas.
- For most product areas, you set these in the Security tab for each specific product area and item.
- System Security and UI Security are set in the Administration > Security options of the same names.
Environment and component security settings can be set at the direct object level and within the applications to which they are associated.
- For component security, no matter whether you set the security on the component level or application component level, the settings are applied everywhere.
Environment security settings are handled as follows:
- Upon initial association with an application, the security that is set for the environment is inherited by the application environment.
- After an environment is associated with an application, if the security is changed directly on the environment, the setting for the application environment is not affected.
- If the security is changed for the application environment, the setting at the direct environment level is not affected.
To add groups or users to roles:
Navigate to the Security tab for the product area for which you want to define security roles.
For example, for agents or agent resources, navigate to Management > Resources. Select the Pools tab, select a pool, and select the Security tab.
Select a role and click the Add Member button on the right.
Select members from the eligible groups and users and then click Add.