Upgrade agent relays
This section explains how to upgrade your agent relays to the latest Deployment Automation version.
When upgrading agent relays, follow the recommended order:
- Shut down all agent relays.
- Shut down all servers to which the agent relays are pointing.
- Upgrade agent relays according to instructions.
(Optional) Upgrade the server if you haven't done it yet. For details, see Server upgrade.Note:
- Agent relays version 6.3 and earlier that are configured for server-initiated connections must be upgraded to version 6.3.1 to connect to server version 6.3.1 and later.
- Agent relays for version 5.1.5 and later that are configured for server-initiated connection are compatible only with Deployment Automation servers version 5.1.5 and later. You cannot connect to version 5.1.5 and later agent relays through network relays. If you attempt to do this, the agents connected through the agent relay will not be in Online status.
- Start the server.
- Start the agent relays.
Ensure the agent relay is stopped.
Run the agent relay installer. See Agent Relay Installation.
When prompted for the destination directory, enter the path to the directory of the existing agent relay location.
When prompted to upgrade, enter Y.
After upgrading and starting the servers and agent relays, navigate to Management > Resources > Relays. Check that all the upgraded agent relays are present. It may take some time before the agent relays come online.