Step 9: Create and design an application process
Prerequisite: Step 8: Map a component to an agent
This step explains how to add a process to the helloWorld application and configure it to perform the deployment.
Create the helloWorld application process
Note: For a simple one-component deployment like this one, you might not need an application process. The component process you created earlier can perform the deployment by itself. But for complex and multi-component deployments, you should create one or several application processes. For details, see Application processes.
To add a process to the helloWorld application:
Navigate to Management > Applications > helloWorld_app.
- Under helloWorld_app, select the Processes tab.
Click Create. The Create Application Process dialog box opens.
In the Name field, enter the name of the process, for example, helloWorld_AppProcess.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter additional information to identify the process.
Accept the default values for the remaining options.
For details on these options, see Create and design application processes.
You have created an application process. Next, design its steps.
To complete the application process you just created, design a sequence of steps to install the helloWorld component.
To design the helloWorld application process:
- Under helloWorld_app, select helloWorld_AppProcess. The process designer opens.
- From the Tools side pane, drag the Install Component step onto the design space anywhere between the Start and Finish steps . The Properties pane is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the step, for example, Deploy helloWorld.
- From the Component list, select the component for deployment, helloWorld.
- From the Component Process list, select the relevant process, helloWorld_install.
Accept the default values for the remaining properties.
For details on these properties, see Application process steps.
- In the design space, join the process steps into a Start — Install Component — Finish sequence by dragging the connection tool from one step to another.
- Click Save .