Step 2: Create and design a component process
Prerequisite: Step 1: Create a component
This step explains how to set up a component process for deploying the helloWorld artifacts to another location.
Note: A component process is a sequence of action steps that describes how a component should be deployed. In addition to the default Start and Finish steps, a process must include at least one more step. For each component, you must create at least one process. For details, see Create and design component processes.
Create a component process
To create the helloWorld component process:
Navigate to Management > Components > helloWorld.
Under the helloWorld component, select the Processes tab.
Click Create. The Create Component Process dialog box opens.
In the Name field, enter a meaningful name that reflects the component's content or process type, for example, helloWorld_install.
(Optional) In the Description field, enter additional information about the process.
Accept the default values for the remaining options. For details about these options, see Create and design component processes.
After you created a component process, design its sequence of steps.
To complete the component process you just created, design a sequence of steps to move the helloWorld artifacts.
To design the helloWorld component process:
- Under the Processes tab, select helloWorld_install. The process designer opens.
- In the Tools side pane, expand Repositories > Artifact > DA to view available artifact steps.
- Drag the Download Artifacts step onto the design space anywhere between the Start and Finish steps . The Properties pane is displayed.
In the Directory Offset field, specify a path to the target directory on the agent machine where you want to move the artifacts, for example, /helloWorld_download.
If you specify a directory that doesn't exist, Deployment Automation will create it for you.
- Accept the default values for the remaining properties.
- In the design space, join the process steps in the Start — Download Artifacts — Finish sequence:
- Point to the Start step to view a connection tool, drag the connection tool over the Download Artifacts step, and release it.
Point to the Download Artifacts step to view a connection tool, drag the connection tool over the Finish step, and release it.
The steps are now joined with arrows.
Click Save .
You have designed a simple component process for downloading the helloWorld artifacts to another location.