Create and design global processes
This topic describes how to create a global process and design its sequence of steps in the process designer.
Create a global process
When creating a global process, you specify its basic details.
To create a global process:
Navigate to Management > Processes.
Click Create. The Create Process dialog box opens.
Specify basic information for the process:
Field Description Name Enter a name for the process. Description (Optional) Enter additional information about the process. Default Working Directory Specify the temporary file storage location used by the agent that runs the process. The default directory resolves to <agent_directory>\work\<component_name_directory>.
The default properties work for most components. You might need to change it if a component process cannot run at the agent's location.
Execution Timeout Specify how long (in hours and minutes) the process runs until it times out.
To run the process indefinitely, accept the default value, 00:00.
To create another global process, click Save and New.
To design the steps for the global process you just created, click Build Out.
Design a global process
Use the process designer to create a flow for the global process.
To design a global process:
From the list of global processes, select the process you created earlier. The process designer opens.
- (Optional) In the process designer's toolbar, you can:
- Adjust the view using the Zoom In, Zoom Out, or Actual Size icons.
- Move the process around in the design space by selecting Show Outline Box. In the Outline Map box that opens, drag the outline corner inward or outward.
- View available options for all connections between steps by selecting Show Connection Options.
- Hide annotations. The annotations you have added to the process are displayed by default. If you want to hide them, clear the Show Annotations check box.
In the Tools pane, select a process step.
Use Search to find steps by name.
- To add steps to the process, drag the steps onto the design space. You can place them anywhere on the design space and reposition them later.
- In the step's Properties pane, specify the properties for the step.
Join the steps in a sequence:
- Point to step 1 to view a connection tool, drag the connection tool over step 2, and release it.
Point to step 2, grab the connection tool, and drag it over step 3.
Connect the rest of the steps in the same way. For details on how to create connections with conditions, see Use conditions and switch steps in processes.
Tip: If Show Connection Options is not selected in the toolbar, select each connection manually to view its options. Connections are color-coded for the process path: Success (green), Failure (red), and Always (gray).
After configuring and connecting the steps, click Save .
- Create and design component processes
- Create and design application processes
- Design deployment package processes