Design deployment package processes
This topic guides you through designing the flow of a deployment package process.
Deployment package processes enable you to tell Deployment Automation what to do when you deploy multiple applications or components that span applications.
You can run deployment package processes manually as well as automatically on a trigger condition or on a schedule. When you deploy multiple applications or components that span applications, the deployment package determines which ones to run and in which order.
Here's an example of a deployment package process:
In deployment package processes, you can use application and component processes and a set of utility steps. For details on available utility steps, see Deployment package process utility steps.
To design a deployment package process:
Navigate to Management > Deployment Packages > [select deployment package].
On the deployment package page, click the Design button. The process designer opens.
- (Optional) In the process designer's toolbar, you can:
- Adjust the view using the Zoom In, Zoom Out, or Actual Size icons.
- Move the process around in the design space by selecting Show Outline Box. In the Outline Map box that opens, drag the outline corner inward or outward.
- View available options for all connections between steps by selecting Show Connection Options.
- Hide annotations. The annotations you have added to the process are displayed by default. If you want to hide them, clear the Show Annotations check box.
In the Tools pane, select a process step.
- To add a step to the process, drag the step onto the design space. You can place it anywhere on the design space and reposition it later.
- In the step's Properties pane, configure the step.
- Join the process steps in a sequence:
- Point to step 1 to view a connection tool, drag the connection tool over step 2, and release it.
- Point to step 2, grab the connection tool, and drag it over step 3.
Connect the rest of the steps in the same way. For details on how to create connections with conditions, see Use conditions and switch steps in processes.
Tip: If Show Connection Options is not selected in the toolbar, select each connection manually to view its options. Connections are color-coded for the process path: Success (green), Failure (red), and Always (gray).
- After configuring and connecting the steps, click Save .
To run the designed process, click Run. For details, see Run deployment package processes.