Deployment Automation clients include the following:
- Web browser-based user interface: a Rich Internet Application (RIA) that maintains much of its functionality in the web browser
- Command line: provides most of features found in the Web browser-based user interface
- communicate with the server through HTTP or HTTPS
- may be deployed locally, on the same LAN as the server
- may be deployed remotely
- interact with RESTful (representational state transfer) services on the server as needed
Note: WebSocket communication is used for notification counters shown in the upper right of the web browser-based user interface.