What's New in Mobile Center 2.00
Mobile Center 2.00 includes a number of new features, enhancements, and fixes.
Content packs and updates
The following content packs are available for Mobile Center 2.00:
|Content Pack||Functionality provided|
|2.00 Content Pack - AWS Device Farm||Support for Amazon Device Farm iOS devices.|
|2.00 Content Pack - iOS 10 support||Support for mobile testing with MC 2.00 on devices running on iOS 10 beta.|
The Jenkins plugin 4.5 is now available and includes the following enhancements:
- Integrates with the Mobile Center wizard, allowing you to select devices by capabilities, choose multiple apps, and configure test options.
Ability to overwrite Mobile Center connections for UFT tests.
- Standalone builder for uploading apps to Mobile Center.
- Set the detail level of the logs.
If you have an Amazon account, you can select Amazon device farm as your device lab, and replay tests on-demand on real devices in the AWS Cloud.
Mobile Center Windows servers now support replay of tests on native browsers (UFT only). Tests recorded with HP Mobile Web apps or the Chrome emulated browser can now be replayed on the device's browser - Safari for iOS devices, and Chrome for Android devices.
Now you can run Appium scripts with Mobile Center. Mobile Center extends Appium functionality by providing additional features such user management and the ability to test multiple apps. Mobile Center eliminates the need for a Mac machine and also allows you to control the Springboard when running Appium tests on iOS apps. For details, see Appium integration.
- You no longer need to package native apps to upload them to Mobile Center. All record and replay features are enabled without instrumentation. As such, applications downloaded from Apple and Google app stores can be tested directly.
- Apps that use Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) solutions are now also supported by Mobile Center.
- Choose between using the packaged version or the original version of an app when testing. For details on when to use packaged apps, see App packaging and signing services.
Interact with any aspect of the device:
- Record interactions on any app on the device, including apps which have not been packaged, system apps, and apps not installed by Mobile Center.
- Address scenarios both within and outside a specific app, thereby maximizing test coverage.
- Test multiple apps on a device within the same test. Verify that your app behaves correctly when the user flow crosses apps or uses the system UI. For example, a banking app that sends a verification SMS with a one-time passcode that the user needs to input. The user flow moves from the banking app, to the SMS, and then back to the banking app.
Full device automation is available with UFT and Sprinter.
Enhanced Lab management functionality, including better device management capabilities:
- Create and manage device groups.
- Manage device permissions by defining which users have access to the devices in a specific group.
- Reserve a device for a specific time slot.
For details, see Lab Console.
- Mobile Center server is now supported on CentOS 7.
- Certification of additional devices. See supported devices for a complete list of certified devices.
- New standalone connector for Mac machines.
- Stabilization improvements, customer enhancement requests, and various fixes.
- New Admin Settings page enables administrators to update and configure Mobile Center settings directly in the Lab Management console, without having to access and edit files located on the server.
- Security additions:
- Ability to specify the account lock period after 3 unsuccessful login attempts.
- New admin setting for determining the password expiration period for users.
- Licenses can now also be managed and installed via the Lab Management console.
The Digital Lab UI has a brand new look and feel. We've also introduced a new wizard to simplify and streamline the flow of selecting a device, app, and defining options for a test (currently available in UFT only). You can now also select a device by attributes like make, model, and OS version instead of selecting a specific device by ID. At runtime, a device matching your selection criteria is allocated. You can also start your test on the device's Home screen or on a system app such as settings or SMS.
You can now run tests on Windows 8.1 devices. See supported devices for a complete list of certified devices.
Gain visibility into how real users experience your apps by viewing the data on stability, performance, battery, and cellular data usage. Analyze user action across all operating systems & devices, so that you choose the right devices on which to test your app. You can now also view usage information from within Mobile Center extended services on the app card.
Support is extended to HP Agile Manager 2.5.
Improved role-based web record-replay on desktop browsers.
Network Virtualization's built-in proxy simplifies NV deployment and lets NV analyze mobile traffic and secured HTTPS network traffic. This built-in proxy server replaces the need for a separate mitmproxy or Fiddler server.