Work with requests
You can do the following with requests:
- (Available for 1.3 and later) Create topic branches from requests.
- Display your inbox requests for the current Dimensions CM stream.
- Display all the requests in the current stream. This is useful when you want to start work on a request that is not in your inbox.
- Open requests in your default browser in Pulse, ALM Octane, or SBM.
- Set the default request for a stream.
- Relate requests to changes and commit changes to a repository.
- From the View menu select Open View… > Dimensions Explorer. The Dimensions Explorer view is displayed.
- To display all your inbox requests expand Requests > Inbox.
- To open a request in Visual Studio Code select it. The request opens in the main window. To then open it Pulse in your default browser, click its title or click Open in Pulse.
- To open a request in Pulse in your default browser, right-click it, and select Open Request.
- To display all the requests in the current stream, expand Recent.
Set the default request for a stream
- Display the request that you want to set as the stream default.
- Right-click the request and select Set Default Request.
Relate requests and commit changes
- From the Viewmenu select Open View… > Source Control. The Source Control view is displayed.
- Optionally add a commit message.
- To relate a request to a change:
- Expand Dimensions Requests. The Dimensions Requests inbox is displayed.
- Select the request.
- On the highlighted request row click Add Request to Commit Message.
- To commit the changes to the repository, at the top of the Source Control view do one of the following:
- Click Commit.
- Click More Actions and select an action, for example, Commit Staged.
Create topic branches from requests
- Display the request from which you want to create a topic branch.
- Right-click the request and select Create Topic Branch....
- Enter a name for the topic branch.
- Click Enter.