Download Help Center
Note: Requires Dimensions CM administration rights.
The Dimensions CM Help Center provides you with comprehensive user assistance. We recommend that you use the version of the Help Center in the cloud for the most recent updates available. If your organization has restrictions that prevent you accessing the internet, switch to the local mode, and save the Help Center files locally on your Dimensions CM machine.
Access local help
For users to access the local Help Center by default, do the following:
Stop the Dimensions CM Listener and Tomcat services on your Dimensions CM server.
- Download the help package:
- Extract the help package to this location on the Dimensions CM server:
If you do not have users with previous versions of the Dimensions CM clients you can remove earlier versions of the local Help Center in
Open the Dimensions CM server
dm.cfgconfiguration file. The default locations are:
- In the server configuration file, locate the variable
DM_LOCAL_HELPand enter the URL of the Dimensions CM web site. Typically this matches the variable
DM_WEB_URLin the same file. Example:
- Start the Dimensions CM Listener and Tomcat services on the Dimensions CM server.
Switch back to help in the cloud
For users to access the Help Center in the cloud by default, do the following:
- In the Dimensions CM server configuration file, delete the value for the variable
- Restart the Dimensions CM Listener and Tomcat services on the Dimensions CM server.