Adding Jira as a request provider
This topic describes how to add, modify, and remove Atlassian Jira Software as an external request provider for Dimensions CM.
Adding Jira external request providers
You can add multiple instances of Jira Software Cloud or Server (on-premise installation) as external request providers.
To add Jira external request providers:
- Log into the Dimensions CM administration console.
- In the Database Management section click External request providers. The External Request Provider page opens.
- On the toolbar click New. The New Request Provider dialog box opens.
- Select the General tab.
- From the Type list select Jira.
- Enter the ID of the Jira instance, for example: JIRA_CLOUD
- Enter the Name of the instance, for example: jira_cloud
If you are switching from Dimensions CM requests to Jira issues, select Dimensions CM requests history support if you want to view the details of Dimensions CM requests.
- Select the Attributes tab.
- Enter the Jira URL where the instance of Jira is hosted.
- Select the Jira hosting type: Cloud or Server
- Select one or both of these Authentication types:
- Basic: username and password (Jira Server); email and API token (Jira Cloud)
- OAuth: login via a web browser.
If you select both authentication types, users can choose which one to use with Dimensions CM clients.
If you select OAuth you must set up the authentication between Jira and Dimensions CM. A consumer key is a unique mapping identifier between Dimensions CM and Jira instances. Enter the same consumer key as in the Jira Application Link settings. See Using OAuth to authenticate to Jira for details.
Setting the default request provider
After defining external request providers, you can set a default provider instead of Dimensions CM. If you have multiple providers, for example different Jira repositories, set the provider used by the majority of your products.
- If you change the default request provider, favorite request lists and project default requests are cleared.
- When changing the default request provider, check that no clients are connected to the Dimensions CM server.
To set the default request provider:
On the External Request Provider page of the administration console, on the toolbar click Default. The Set Default Request Provider dialog box opens.
- Select a request provider:
DIMENSIONS CM: use Dimensions CM requests.
NONE: requests are not used.
Select an external request provider such as Jira.
- Click OK.
Assigning and removing products from Jira request providers
To use Jira issues in Dimensions CM, you assign products to a Jira request provider.
- Only one external request provider type can be used in each CM database. You cannot map different request provider types to different CM products in the same database. For example, if you set Jira as the provider, SBM and ALM Octane product mappings are ignored.
- You can map a request provider that is not set as the default provider.
- Products that are not mapped to a request provider use the default provider.
To assign and remove products from Jira request providers:
On the External Request Provider page, expand the tree in the navigation pane on the sidebar, and select a Jira request provider.
- In the content page, on the Mapped Products section click Edit. The Change Product Mapping dialog box opens.
- To assign products: select one or more products in the Other products list and click Assign >>. The products are added to the Assigned products list.
- To remove products: select one or more products in the Assigned products list and click << Remove. The products are added to the Other products list.
- Click OK.
Modifying existing Jira request providers
You can modify the settings for existing Jira request providers.
To modify Jira request providers:
On the External Request Provider page of the administration console, expand the tree in the navigation pane on the sidebar, and select a Jira request provider.
- In the content page, on the General section click Edit. The Edit Request Provider dialog box opens.
- Make the changes and click OK.
Removing Jira request providers
You can remove existing Jira request providers.
Caution: After you remove a Jira provider, Jira issues in CM clients do not display details of earlier used requests, for example, Title and Owner.
To remove Jira request providers:
On the Edit Request Provider page of the administration console, expand the tree in the navigation pane on the sidebar, and select the Jira node.
In the content pane in the External Requests Providers section, select one or more Jira providers that you want to remove.
Click Delete and confirm that you want to delete the providers.