Testing and fixing Jira connections
This topic describes how to test and fix connections to Jira.
Testing Jira connections using dmcli
You can test connections to Jira using the Dimensions CM command line client, dmcli.
To test Jira connections using dmcli:
Log into dmcli.
Specify the working Jira issue for a stream or project using the
SCWScommand. For instance, specify the issue DEV-17 for the stream MY_PRODUCT:MY_STREAM:
Check there are no errors in the command output.
SCWS "MY_PRODUCT:MY_STREAM" /CHANGE=DEV-17
Testing Jira connections using the desktop client
You can test connections to Jira using the Dimensions CM desktop client.
To test Jira connections using the desktop client:
- Log into the desktop client.
- From the View menu select User Inbox.
- Select External Requests. Requests from the default external request provider are displayed in the content window.
- Check there are no errors in the content or console windows.
Fixing SSL certificates
If a Jira connection has one of the following errors, the most likely cause is a missing Jira site certificate on your Dimensions CM server:
- 60: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK.
- 35 SSL connect error.
Fixing SSL on Windows:
Do one of the following:
- Log into Jira in a web browser.
- Export a Jira site certificate from the browser when you are logged in. Import the certificate to the Windows Server host.
Fixing SSL on UNIX:
Note: This method also works on Windows.
- Log into a Jira account in a web browser.
- Click the View site information icon on the left side of the browser address bar.
- Navigate to the folder where certificates are saved, see your browser's user help for instructions.
- Select *.atlassian.net and save it as X.509 Certificate with chain (PEM).
- Copy the certificate to your host machine.
- Use this variable to add the certificate's path to the Dimensions CM server configuration file (
DM_SSL_TRUST_CERTS_FILE <certificate path>
Tip: You can group multiple certificates in a single certificate file referenced by this variable.