This topic describes how to clone a Dimensions CM stream and populate the master branch in a Git repository with the tip of a stream.
To clone a Dimensions CM stream:
- Navigate to Team > Git > Clone. The Clone Repository dialog box opens.
- In Repository URL enter the URL of the Dimensions CM stream that you want to clone. For details about the format of the URL and authentication methods see Git Client command-line format.
- Enter a user ID and password for the Dimensions CM repository.
- In Specify Destination Folder enter the location where the stream will be cloned. Click Next.
Note: The name of the product or stream is automatically appended to the path.
- Optionally select a remote branch to clone, for example, master. Click Next.
- Specify the parent directory and name for this clone.
- Click Finish.
- After the clone operation has completed successfully, optionally create a Netbeans project from the cloned sources and add it to your favorites.