This topic describes how to commit changes to a Git repository and relate Dimensions CM requests to commits.
To commit changes:
- On the Activity bar select Source Control. The Source Control view is displayed on the Side Bar and has these sections:
- Source Control: displays a list all the files in the Git master branch that have been modified, added, and deleted.
- Dimensions Requests: displays all the inbox requests for the current Dimensions CM product.
- In the Source Control section, optionally add a commit message.
- To relate a request to a commit:
- Expand Dimensions Requests.
- Select the request and click Add Request to Commit Message. The request ID is added to the commit message.
- To commit the changes, on the Source Control section title bar do one of the following:
- Click Commit.
- Click More Actions (...) and select an action, for example, Commit Staged.