Clone streams using Dimensions Clone
You can use the
Dimensions Clone command to clone a Dimensions CM stream.
Configure repository connections
Before cloning, optionally configure a connection to a Dimensions CM repository.
- From the Views menu select Extensions.
- In the Dimensions CM Git Client for VS Code extension select Manage > Extension Settings.
- In the Connection String field enter the URL of a Dimensions CM server in this format:
- Select View > Command Palette.
Dimensionsand select the command
Dimensions Clone. If you previously specified a connection to Dimensions CM, Visual Studio Code automatically connects to the server.
Tip: To connect to a different CM repository, enter the command
Use other connectionand enter a connection string.
- If prompted, select a Dimensions CM product and stream.
- In the Select Folder dialog box select the location where the stream will be cloned.
- Click Select Repository Location. Visual Studio Code runs the clone command and the stream is cloned to the location you selected.
- Click Open to view the contents of the cloned stream.