About the Git Client IDE plug-in
The Git Client IDE plug-in enables developers working with Git to access Dimensions CM from integrated development environments (IDEs). The IDEs execute Git commands that are redirected to the Git Client, which synchronizes the changes with a Dimensions CM repository.
The Git Client IDE plug-in enables you to:
- Clone a stream from Dimensions CM and populate the master branch in a Git repository with the tip of a stream.
- Update a local Git repository with changes from Dimensions CM. When you pull changes, each Dimensions CM changeset becomes a commit in a local Git repository.
- Push changes from a Git repository to Dimensions CM. Each Git commit becomes a Dimensions CM changeset.
- View Dimensions CM requests and relate them to Git commits.
- Open reviews. Reviews enable you to comment on, and review, the changes in your development projects. Reviews are displayed when they are approved, in review, or have been sent for rework.
- Open pull requests. These are a special type of review that you to evaluate and merge a set of defined changes, typically in a topic stream. All pull requests for the current stream are displayed including pending merges and merges that failed.
- Use Dimensions CM, ALM Octane, and Solutions Business Manager as the request provider.
The Git Client plug-in is certified with these IDEs:
|IDE||Minimum version||Maximum version||Notes|
|Eclipse||3.8.2||4.x||Requires eGit plug-in 4.5 or later|
|Jet Brains IntelliJ IDEA||2018.x||2020.1|
|Microsoft Visual Studio||2017 (15.x)||2019 (16.x)|
|Microsoft Visual Studio Code||1.25|
The following versions are supported but not certified: