This topic describes how to commit changes to a repository and relate requests to commits.
Choose how to commit
You can commit using the Commit dialog box or the Local Changes tab of the Version Control window.
To choose how to commit:
- Go to File > Settings.
- Expand Version Control and select Commit Dialog.
- To use the Local Changes tab of the Version Control window, select Commit from Local Changes without showing the Commit dialog. To use the Commit dialog box, clear this option.
- Click OK.
This section describes how to commit changes to a repository and relate requests to commits
To commit changes:
- Right-click the file or folder you want to commit and select Git > Commit.
- In the Commit Message field optionally enter a message.
- To relate a request to the commit, click Set Request ID and select a request from your Dimensions CM inbox. The request ID is added to the commit message. If your inbox requests are not displayed, click Refresh Request List.
- Select an option from the Commit action list.
Tip: IntelliJ adds the message and request ID that you used in the most recent commit.