Work with requests
This topic explains how to manage requests:
- (Available for 1.3 and later) Create topic branches from requests.
- View your inbox requests for the current Dimensions CM stream.
- View all the requests in the current stream. This is useful when you want to start work on a request that is not in your inbox.
- Open requests in your default browser in PulseUno, ALM Octane, or SBM.
- Set the default request for a stream.
- Relate requests to changes and commit changes to a repository.
To view a request:
- From the View menu, select Open View… > Dimensions Explorer. The Dimensions Explorer view is displayed.
- To view all your inbox requests, expand Requests > Inbox.
- To open a request in Visual Studio Code, select it. The request opens in the main window. To then open it in PulseUno in your default browser, click its title or click Open in Pulse.
- To open a request in PulseUno in your default browser, right-click it, and select Open Request.
To view all the requests in the current stream, expand Recent.
Set the default request for a stream
To set the default request:
- View the request that you want to set as the stream default, as described in View requests.
Right-click the request and select Set Default Request.
Relate requests and commit changes
To relate a request and commit changes:
- From the View menu, select Open View… > Source Control. The Source Control view is displayed.
- (Optional) Add a commit message.
- To relate a request to a change:
- Expand Dimensions Requests. The Dimensions Requests inbox is displayed.
- Select the request.
- On the highlighted request row click Add Request to Commit Message.
To commit the changes to the repository, at the top of the Source Control view do one of the following:
Click More Actions and select an action, for example, Commit Staged.
Create topic branches from requests
To create a topic branch from a request:
- View the request from which you want to create a topic branch, as described in View requests.
- Right-click the request and select Create Topic Branch....
- Enter a name for the topic branch.
- Click Enter.