Run tests on terminal emulators
This capability is relevant only for Windows.
LeanFT can test terminal emulator applications that support HLLAPI as well as those that do not, such as emulator sessions configured to work with the VT100 protocol (using Text-only mode).
When testing, LeanFT distinguishes between the window of the terminal emulator and the screens in the host application.
The terminal emulator window consists of the frame, menus, toolbar, and status bar of the terminal emulator itself. This window remains constant throughout each terminal emulator session.
The terminal emulator screen refers to the area of the window in which the application is displayed. Each time the host responds to user input to the application, the screen changes.
LeanFT includes preconfigured settings for several terminal emulators and enables you to configure the settings for most others as well.
For configuration details for the supported emulators, see Configure an emulator to work with LeanFT.
For a full list of supported terminal emulators, see the Product Availability Matrix.
To set up LeanFT to work with your terminal emulator:
- Ensure that the LeanFT runtime engine is up and running.
- From the LeanFT icon on the system tray, click Settings to open the LeanFT runtime engine Settings dialog box.
- On the Engine tab, under Add-ins, select Terminal emulators.
Configure your terminal emulator's details:
- Run <LeanFT Installation>\bin\TeConfigurator.exe.
In the Terminal Emulator Configurator dialog box that opens, do one of the following:
Select a preconfigured terminal emulator from the list. See also Copy existing terminal emulator configurations.
Note: On the last page of the wizard there is an option to save the configuration. You may want to use this option if you want to copy the configuration to another computer.
By default, the configuration file (.reg) is saved in the <LeanFT installation>\dat folder.
Close and reopen the Terminal Emulator Configurator to refresh the Terminal Emulator list.
- (Optional) To define the area of the emulator screen to be displayed, select the emulator in the list, and under Screen label, define the start row and start column, and how long the area should be.
- (Optional) Click Adjust configuration to fine-tune the settings of the emulator that you have selected.
Click OK to save the configuration.
- Configure your terminal emulator to work with LeanFT. For details, see Configure an emulator to work with LeanFT.
- Restart the runtime engine.
Supported test objects
The following Terminal Emulator test objects are supported:
A terminal emulator field that fully supports HLLAPI
|TeScreen||A terminal emulator screen that fully supports HLLAPI|
A terminal emulator screen that uses text-only HLLAPI or does not support HLLAPI
A terminal emulator window