Test mobile apps
Use LeanFT to create and run tests on mobile applications.
LeanFT integrates with Mobile Center, enabling you to access its mobile devices and the applications on those devices to create and run tests. For details on Mobile Center, see Mobile Center Help Center.
Using LeanFT with Mobile Center provides an end-to-end solution for automating mobile applications and integrating test automation into continuous testing processes.
This integration grants you full access to Mobile Center devices and applications. When you design tests, these devices and applications are available directly from your IDE. These same devices are used in your test runs.
LeanFT provides comprehensive Mobile APIs that you can use to automate any flow in your mobile application, whether it is native, hybrid or mobile Web application.
Use the following LeanFT tools for automating mobile applications:
- Use the Object Identification Center to easily create robust identifications for your mobile apps and validate them.
- Model your mobile application objects in Application models, which can be reused for testing against different devices, reducing your test creation and maintenance efforts.
- Analyze run results using the LeanFT run report. The report includes useful information for understanding the execution flow, analyzing errors, as well as specific information on the device running the test.
Platform and application support
Using LeanFT for mobile application testing is supported for the following applications and platforms:
- Native apps , hybrid apps, and Web apps, which run on iOS and Android devices. You can create, record, and run tests for both packaged and non-packaged applications. For details, see App packaging.
- Create and execute tests on Windows, Linux, and Mac environments.
LeanFT SDKs include comprehensive mobile testing APIs. These APIs are specific to mobile application testing, for example, the SDK includes APIs for gestures like swipe and shake. In addition, the SDK includes APIs that enable you to integrate Network Virtualization and Service Virtualization into your mobile tests. For details, see: