This topic describes how to install the Virtual Table Server (VTS). For information on using VTS, see Parameterization Overview.
Note: If you have an older version of VTS, uninstall it and then reinstall the latest version from the Additional Components folder.
To install VTS:
- Run the setupVTS.exe file located in the Additional Components\Virtual Table Server folder in the installation media. The VTS Setup Wizard opens, displaying the welcome page.
- Follow the online instructions to complete the VTS installation.
During the VTS installation process, the Configure VTS administration server screen appears. This screen lets you configure the VTS Administration server.
- In the Admin UI server port box, keep the default value,
Click Next to continue with the installation. The Configure VTS screen appears.
- Specify where to save the VTS data file.
- Make sure that the Start Virtual Table Server Automatically check box is selected.
- Click Next, and then follow the wizard’s instruction to complete the VTS installation procedure.
Note: At the end of the installation process, a shortcut for VTS is created and added to the Start menu, HPE Software > Tools > Virtual Table Server. This shortcut gives you access to the VTS UI on the local machine. If you change the port that is used to access the VTS UI, you must manually update the URL property of the shortcut. For details on how to change the VTS UI access port, see Configuring VTS in the VTS online documentation.
If you are unable to access the VTS UI, make sure that the VTS Service service is started. To start the VTS Service service, go to Control Panel > Systems & Security > Administration Tools > Services. Right-click VTS Service and select Start.