Creating and Managing Multiple VTS Instances
Create multiple tables or VTS instances to access data. The first time you connect to the VTS, you connect to the main instance. Subsequent connections are referred to as named instances.
Create a named instance
- From the browser of the main instance, select Options > Other Instances> Start Instance. This opens the Start Instance dialog box.
- Enter a name in the Instance Name box.
- Specify a port in the API Access Port box. This port will serve as both the UI and API access port.
- If you want the new table to automatically open in a browser, leave the Open the instance UI option checked.
- You can only create a named instance from the browser of the main instance.
- The title of the VTS browser for named instances is Virtual Table Server (<Instance Name>)
Stop a named instance
- From the browser of the main instance, select Options > Other Instances > Stop Instances. This opens the Stop Instances dialog box.
- Check the instances you want to stop.
Note: Stopping an instance does not delete the data from the table. The same data will be displayed when you restart the instance.