How to Install the LoadRunner J2EE/.NET Diagnostics Add-in
The integration between J2EE/.NET Diagnostics and LoadRunner requires the following installations:
- Diagnostics Server
- An Application server with diagnostic probes, connected to the Diagnostics server, with diagnostic probes on the application to monitor
- LoadRunner Controller and load generator to run the scenario
- LoadRunner Virtual User Generator (optional)
- LoadRunner Analysis (optional)
- LR Add-In for J2EE/.NET Diagnostics installed on the Controller machine (described below)
For details about installing the J2EE/.NET Diagnostics components, see the Diagnostics Server Installation and Administration Guide on the Diagnostics media.
After you have the relevant products installed, you complete the integration with LoadRunner by doing the following:
Close the Controller if it is open.
Copy the LR_Addin folder from the Diagnostics media to the LoadRunner Controller machine, and run the setup.exe file.
If this is the first time you are running a scenario with Diagnostics, or if you changed the server or port information do the following:
On the LoadRunner machine, from the Windows Start menu, go to Micro Focus > LoadRunner > Tools > Diagnostics for J2EE and .NET Setup.
On machines with icon-based desktops, such as Windows 8, search for J2EE and select the Diagnostics for J2EE and .NET Setup.
Indicate the server and port for the Diagnostics server and the authentication information. You can use a server name or IP address.
Click Test to verify that the connection is valid.
For details, see Diagnostics for J2EE/.NET Setup Dialog Box.