Collate scenario run results
This topic describes how to collate results during or after a scenario run, and to define the data types to collate.
Tip: You can set a command that will run once collation is complete. Select Tools > Options > Execution tab, and enter the command in the Post Collate Command box.
To configure results collation:
Select Results > Collate Results > Collate Settings.
In the Collate Settings dialog box, define the data results that you want to include in the collated results, in addition to the transaction data. By default, all are selected.
The following options are listed:
- Transaction data. This is non-editable, the transaction data is always included in the collation.
- Vuser logs. Includes Vuser log file data from the run.
- NV. Includes Network Virtualization data related to the run.
When Auto collate results is enabled, LoadRunner Professional automatically collates the raw data from the load generators, either during or after the run. If the raw data is collated during runtime, there is a faster processing of the results at the end of the run.
LoadRunner Professional must be connected to the load generators for automatic collation to occur.
The Vuser logs and NV data are always collated at the end of the test, not during runtime.
Select an option for where and how you want collation to occur:
- At the end of the test The raw data is automatically collated at the completion of the scenario run.
At runtime to LoadRunner Controller. (Default) The raw data is collated during runtime and sent to Controller.
If you want to also export this data during runtime to an InfluxDB database, select the option Automatically export results to InfluxDB.
To confirm or modify the InfluxDB settings, click the link to open the InfluxDB Settings dialog box, and save your changes. For details, see Export run results to InfluxDB or JSON.
At runtime to LoadRunner Data Hub. The raw data is collated during runtime and exported to the LoadRunner Data Hub.
Define the relevant Kafka Topic name for the Data Hub.
- If you select to collate the results manually (by disabling Auto Collate Results), then at the end of the scenario run you can manually collate the results. Select Results > Collate Results > Collate Resultsto collate the data types selected in the Collate Settings dialog box.
- The Collate Results dialog box is opened at the end of the scenario run to view collation progress, if relevant. For details, see Collate Results dialog box.
- If you need to stop the collation process, in the Collate Results dialog box, click Stop. To resume the collation process, select Results > Collate Results > Continue stopped collation.
If collation fails due to a lack of disk space:
You can trigger re-collation by selecting Results > Collate Results > Recollate.
LoadRunner Professional attempts to collate the results again, without compressing the .eve file.