What's New in 2021 R1
The many new features and improvements included in LoadRunner Professional and VuGen version 2021 R1 are described below.
Note: The Help Centers for LoadRunner Professional 2021 and 2021 R1 versions are streamlined into a single Help Center. Any version specific changes are indicated where relevant.
To view enhancements for the 2021 version, see What's New in 2021.
What's New video
Learn about some of the new features included in LoadRunner Professional version 2021 R1:
The DevWeb protocol in VuGen includes the following enhancements:
Full code completion is now available when editing DevWeb scripts in VuGen, providing faster and more accurate scripting.
To securely record HTTPS traffic, a unique Certification Authority (CA) certificate must be installed before using the DevWeb Proxy Recorder for the first time.
The DevWeb Recording Options now include the following code generation options:
<![CDATA[ ]]>Generate add cookies. Enables generation of cookies and addCookies steps for web requests, if any web request cookies were not defined in previous responses.
Generate asynchronous WebRequest steps. Provides support for generation of web requests with asynchronous send calls.
Charset. Enables you to define the character set for decoding URL-encoded query strings and form values during code generation. This includes support for Shift-JIS encoding (default is UTF-8).
TruClient includes the following enhancements:
- TruClient Browser support is upgraded to version 83.
- Chromium browser support is upgraded to version 88.
- You now have the option to capture replay snapshots at full size.
For details, see the TruClient What's New.
For HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), you can now configure the adaptive mode option, to instruct LoadRunner Professional to download HLS video segments only when they are played. This enables better emulation of real user activity.
For details, see web_stream_open or web.streamOpen in the Function Reference.
You can now run Java scripts on Linux load generator machines. This support is for the Java over HTTP, Java Record Replay, and Java Vuser protocols.
When specifying the classpath in the runtime settings for Java language scripts, you can now use wildcards in the path name, enabling you to include several paths with a single entry. For details, see Configure runtime settings.
The Citrix protocol now uses Tesseract version 4.1.1 for its OCR engine. This updated version provides more precise optical character recognition.
Oracle 2-tier protocol
Oracle Database 19c is now supported for record and reply with the Oracle 2-tier protocol.
VuGen integration with LoadRunner Enterprise
The integration between VuGen and LRE includes the following enhancements:
- SSO authentication is now supported when connecting from VuGen to LRE.
- Your connection details are saved in persistent files, enabling one-time login to LRE for multiple VuGen instances (password is still required for each instance).
- You can now enable automatic reconnection to the LRE server on VuGen startup.
- When connected to LRE, a shortcut icon is displayed in the VuGen status bar, providing connection details.
- The script table includes additional information on the zipped files for the scripts. You can view the last modification time for the zip file, and whether it contains all the script files, or only the runtime files.
- Script management now includes separate refresh options for the LRE folder structure and for the script table content.
VuGen integration with LoadRunner Cloud
The integration between VuGen and LRC includes the following enhancements:
- Your connection details are saved in persistent files, enabling one-time login to LRC for multiple VuGen instances (password is still required for each instance).
- You can now enable automatic reconnection to the LRC server on VuGen startup.
- When connected to LRC, a shortcut icon is displayed in the VuGen status bar, providing connection details.
- When making updates to the runtime settings for a script in VuGen, you can now choose whether to also update the runtime settings and run logic for the script on LRC.
Silk Performer support
LoadRunner Professional now supports Micro Focus Silk Performer scripts.
For details, see Silk Performer tests.
Gatling and JMeter tests
The following enhancements have been added for testing with Gatling and JMeter scripts:
Controller now supports JMeter 5.4 scripts.
- Pacing runtime settings, to pace the script's iterations, are now available for JMeter and Gatling scripts.
For details, see JMeter tests and Gatling tests.
Selenium scripts can now be run on Linux load generators.
For details, see Selenium tests.
Note: This feature is currently available as tech preview.
Visual Studio support
LoadRunner Professional now supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 IDE.
Visual Studio 2019 setup packages are available for both the basic add-in and the add-in for developers, enabling you to create and run Vuser scripts and unit tests with the latest VS IDE.
For details, see Additional components and applications.
Your JRE version is now automatically detected using internal logic. OpenJDK 32-bit is no longer included in the LoadRunner Professional installation.
LoadRunner Controller and Analysis include the following enhancements:
For percentage mode scenarios, you can now configure round-robin distribution of Vusers across load generators.
For details, see Running scenarios overview.
Runtime collation is now set as the default option for collating scenario run results.
For details, see Collate scenario run results.
SSO authentication is now supported when connecting from Analysis to LoadRunner Enterprise.
For details, see LRE integration with Analysis.
The transactions table in the Analysis Summary report now lists transactions according to their execution order in the script (default order).
For details, see Summary Report.
Technologies and security
This release includes the following updates:
Support for Windows 10, version 20H2.
Ability to secure the LoadRunner Professional applications during silent installation using two-way TLS authentication.
Help Center Share button
The Help Center toolbar now includes a new Share page button:
You can share help topics on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or by email.
You can also copy the topic link to the clipboard and paste it in other applications.