Introducing LoadRunner Cloud
LoadRunner Cloud is cloud-based load-testing service that supports web and mobile protocols. LoadRunner Cloud provides you with the tools to create and scale load tests and generate metrics to analyze your application's system performance.
New to LoadRunner Cloud? Watch the Getting Started tutorial video.
LoadRunner Cloud end-to-end workflow
This section describes the end-to-end workflow to run a load test with LoadRunner Cloud.
Create a script and upload it to the cloud repository.
Scripts form the backbone of your performance test. Your test definition can contain one or multiple scripts. For more information on working with scripts, see Scripts.
Monitors can be configured and added to your test definition. For more information on working with monitors, see Monitors.
Define a load test.
You add and configure scripts, monitors, Vusers, and SLAs to a load test definition. Vusers are virtual users that emulate user actions on a variety of levels, such as UI emulation or API commands. For details, see Define a load test.
Run the test and analyze the results.
During the load test, multiple graphs are generated in real time to illustrate the performance of your application. Access these graphs after the test run.
After the load test has completed, reports are generated that summarize trends from the data that has been complied during the test run.
For more information on analyzing results, see View results.
The LoadRunner Cloud Home page provides quick access to your tests and useful tools. The Home page contains the following sections:
- Quick start: Allows you create a test. For details, see Quick load test.
- Latest runs: A list of the latest runs and their status. To learn more about a specific run, click its run ID to open the Dashboard. You can choose to view runs from the last hour, day, or week.
- Recently worked on: A list of the load tests that you recently modified. Click on a test to open its settings.
- What's New: A list of the features and enhancements added to the current version of LoadRunner Cloud. For details, see What's New - LoadRunner Cloud 2021.01.
Get Tools: Links to tools that are used in conjunction with LoadRunner Cloud. This section has several tabs:
- Scripting: Common scripting tools, such as Micro Focus VuGen, TruClient, and DevWeb, as well as external tools such as JMeter and Gatling.
- CI/CD: Plugins or CLIs for common CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Bamboo, Node JS CLI, and Java CLI. Use these tools to trigger tests from within your code or CI/CD cycle.
- Agents: Agents used in conjunction with LoadRunner Cloud such as the on-premises load generator OneLG (and its patches), OneLG Docker images, monitors such as SiteScope and Dynatrace, and a Git agent. For details, see LoadRunner Cloud agents.
- Tutorials: A link to the LoadRunner Cloud video gallery with instructional videos.
- Get Help: Links to the online help, Public APIs, the LoadRunner Cloud forum and LoadRunner Cloud group.
Learn about LoadRunner Cloud features
In addition to the LoadRunner Cloud Help Center and videos, you can learn about various new and existing features by viewing animated GIFs from within LoadRunner Cloud.
To view these animated GIFs, from the main LoadRunner Cloud toolbar click the Home page's Learn tab and select What's New or Features.
A red icon next to Learn in the toolbar indicates that new animated GIFs have been added.
Bookmarking the Help Center
To ensure that you're always viewing the most up-to-date version of the Help Center, bookmark this link: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/srl
To create a link that will always point to the most recent version of a topic, replace the version number in the URL with 'latest'. For example: