Scripting with Atom.io
This topic describes how to build and run DevWeb scripts using the Atom.io code editor.
Install the plug-in
When working with Atom.io, you download and install the DevWeb plug-in before creating or running your script.
Download and extract the plug-in: Atom.io plugin
- Windows. Extract to C:\Users\<user name>\.atom\packages
- Linux/macOS. Extract to ~/.atom/packages
When you open Atom.io, the DevWeb menu should now be included.
Write DevWeb scripts in Atom.io
The existing EmptyScript template is available to use as a base for your script.
To set up and write a script:
- Copy the EmptyScript folder from <DevWeb root folder>\examples\ to a location of your choice.
- Rename the folder, for example, MyDevWebProject.
- In Atom.io, open the MyDevWebProject folder and double-click main.js in the project tree to start writing your code.
Run DevWeb scripts from Atom.io
You can run your DevWeb script for up to 50 Vusers, using the DevWeb plugin for Atom.io.
From the DevWeb menu in Atom.io:
- To run one iteration of the script with one user, select DevWeb > Run single user.
- To run a scenario with the script, select DevWeb > Run scenario. DevWeb runs the script using the scenario defined in the scenario.yml file.
- Scripting with your IDE
- Scale up your tests: Run scripts from your IDE on other LoadRunner products
- Run scripts