LoadRunner Developer and DevWeb overview
This topic provides an overview of LoadRunner Developer capabilities and DevWeb technology.
Tip: Check out the blogs.
DevWeb is the engine of the new load testing protocol for the LoadRunner family. It focuses on communication at the HTTP transport level and over WebSockets, enabling testing against the latest web technologies (HTTP, HTTPs, HTTP/2, WebSockets).
The DevWeb technology is shared across the LoadRunner family, enabling both developers and PCoE to create and share performance test assets, using the same language. This facilitates productive collaboration between PCoE and R&D, saving time and effort.
About LoadRunner Developer
LoadRunner Developer is a lightweight tool and cross-platform solution for web testing, powered by the DevWeb engine. It was created with a developer mindset, to provide developers, performance engineers, and ops engineers with maximum flexibility.
Providing a fully integrated developer flow, LoadRunner Developer supports the shift-left needs of performance testing. As a developer, you can add performance testing to your day-to-day tasks, and script and run tests without leaving the developer ecosystem.
DevWeb scripts and the LoadRunner family
A DevWeb script can be created by a developer using LoadRunner Developer, or by a performance engineer in the LoadRunner VuGen scripting environment. In VuGen, DevWeb is a fully integrated, out-of-the-box protocol, benefiting from the same scripting features used for other VuGen protocol scripts.
The DevWeb script can then be shared and run natively on any of the LoadRunner family tools: LoadRunner Professional, LoadRunner Enterprise, LoadRunner Cloud, and LoadRunner Developer. In this way, DevWeb connects all project stakeholders at different testing stages to the continuous performance testing process.
In LoadRunner Developer, you can use your DevWeb script to run load tests for up to 50 virtual users (Vusers). On other LoadRunner family tools, you can scale up to the web license capacity to perform large scale tests.
|VuGen DevWeb protocol:||LoadRunner Developer powered by DevWeb engine:|
What can I do with LoadRunner Developer?
- Create, edit, and execute load tests using a variety of IDEs and tools: Visual Studio Code, Atom.io, JetBrains WebStorm (IntelliJ), and many more. For details, see Scripting with your IDE.
- Record a business process using the DevWeb Proxy Recorder. For details, see DevWeb Proxy Recorder.
- Generate scripts based on HAR files using the DevWeb Offline Script Generator tool.
- Execute your script locally with up to 50 concurrent Vusers (no license required). For details, see Run scripts using CLI.
- Scale up your test without leaving your IDE, by running it on LoadRunner Cloud or LoadRunner Enterprise. For details, see Run scripts from your IDE on other LR products.
- Run the test on one of Micro Focus’ performance testing solutions - plug and play. For details, see Run scripts in LoadRunner family products.