Changing the NV Server Port
Port 8443 is the NV Server port that NV Test Manager uses, by default, to communicate with the associated NV Server. In addition, this is the port that is used by users to access to the NV Server and the NV License Manager using a browser. Although there is typically no need to change the port number, if required, you can change the port number as described below.
For details on how to change the NV Test Manager port number, see Changing the NV Test Manager Port.
Changing the NV Server port number includes the following steps:
- Making changes on the NV Server.
- Making changes on each of the NV Test Managers attached to the NV Server.
To change the NV Server port number:
Perform the following steps on the NV Server computer:
Uninstall NV Server.
Caution: During the uninstall procedure, select the option to retain the data folder.
Reinstall NV Server. During the installation process, you will be able to specify the required NV Server port.
Note: During the installation, make sure to specify the same data folder that was used previously.
- In all browser shortcuts to the NV Server, replace the old port number with the new port number.
For NV Server installation details, see Installing NV Server.
Perform the following steps on each NV Test Manager that is connected to the NV Server:
- Navigate to the following folder: <installation_folder>\conf.
- Open the config.properties file in a text editor.
- Replace 8443 (or the current port number) in the com.shunra.bootstrapper.server property with the new port number.
- Open the snvcontroller.properties file in a text editor.
- Replace 8443 (or the current port number) – inside the "com.shunra.snvcontroller.nvserver.port" property – with the new port number.
- Restart the HPE Network Virtualization service.
- Open the new port in the NV Server machine's firewall.